There are many items which are prohibited to be sold online. Check the list of such items below.
Items Prohibited to be sold online
|Without prejudice to the generality of the above, Retaxis does not permit hosting of following items.|
- 1“Securities” within the meaning of the Securities Contract Regulation Act, 1956, including shares, bonds, debentures, etc. and/or any other financial instruments/assets of any description. While this does not prevent a share broking firm to host its website with Retaxis, the trading of the shares through an e-store made available by Retaxis is prohibited.
- 2Living, dead creatures and/or the whole or any part of any animal which has been kept or preserved by any means whether artificial or natural including rugs, skins, specimens of animals, antlers, horns, hair, feathers, nails, teeth, musk, eggs, nests, other animal products of any description the sale and purchase of which is prevented or restricted in any manner by applicable laws (including those prohibited under The Wildlife Protection Act, 1972).
- 3Weapons which includes firearms, ammunition, knives, brass knuckles, gun parts, and other armaments.
- 4Psychotropic substances, narcotics, intoxicants of any description, medicines, palliative/curative substances.
- 5Tobacco and cigarettes which includes cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and related products.
- 6Alcohol which includes Alcohol or alcoholic beverages such as beer, liquor, wine, or champagne.
- 7Drugs and drug paraphernalia which includes illegal drugs and drug accessories, including herbal drugs like salvia and magic mushrooms.
- 8Prescription drugs or herbal drugs or any kind of online pharmacies which includes drugs or other products requiring a prescription by a licensed medical Practitioner.
- 9Religious items, including books, artefacts, etc. of any description or any other such item which is likely to affect the religious sentiments of any person.
- 10“Antiquities” and “Art Treasures” in violation of the provisions of the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972 (“the Act”).
- 12Adult goods and services and other sexually suggestive materials (including literature, imagery and other media); escort or prostitution services ; Website access and/or website memberships of pornography or illegal sites.
- 13Adult goods and services and other sexually suggestive materials (including literature, imagery and other media); escort or prostitution services ; Website access and/or website memberships of pornography or illegal sites.
- 14Body parts which includes organs or other body parts.
- 15Child pornography which includes pornographic materials involving minors.
- 16Copyrighted media which includes unauthorised copies of books, music, movies, and other licensed or protected materials
- 17Copyrighted software which includes unauthorised copies of software, video games and other licensed or protected materials, including OEM or bundled Software.
- 18Counterfeit and unauthorised goods which includes replicas or imitations of designer goods; items without a celebrity endorsement that would normally require such an association; fake autographs, counterfeit stamps, and other potentially unauthorised goods.
- 19Endangered species which includes plants, animals or other organisms (including product derivatives) in danger of extinction.
- 20Gaming/gambling which includes lottery tickets, sports bets, memberships/ enrolment in online gambling sites, and related content.
- 21Hacking and cracking materials which includes manuals, how-to guides, information, or equipment enabling illegal access to software, servers, websites, or other protected property.
- 22Illegal goods which includes materials, products, or information promoting illegal goods or enabling illegal acts.
- 23Offensive goods which includes literature, products or other materials that – Promote intolerance or hatred / Defame or slander any person or groups of people based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, or other factors / Encourage or incite violent acts.
- 24Offensive goods, crime which includes crime scene photos or items, such as personal belongings, associated with criminals.
- 25Pyrotechnic devices, combustibles, corrosives and hazardous materials which includes explosives, fireworks and related goods; toxic, flammable, and radioactive materials and substances.
- 26Regulated goods which includes air bags; batteries containing mercury; Freon or similar substances/refrigerants; chemical/industrial solvents; government uniforms; car titles; license plates; police badges and law enforcement equipment; lock-picking devices; pesticides; postage meters; recalled items; slot machines; surveillance equipment; goods regulated by government or other agency specifications.
- 27Wholesale currency which includes discounted currencies or currency exchanges.
- 28Any product or service which is not in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations whether federal, state, local or international.
- 29Businesses or websites that operate within the scope of laws which are not absolutely clear or are ambiguous in nature (e.g. Web-based telephony, Websites supplying medicines or controlled substances, websites that promise online match-making).
- 30Businesses out rightly banned by law (e.g. Betting & Gambling/ publications or content that is likely to be interpreted by the authorities as leading to moral turpitude or decadence or incite caste/communal tensions, lotteries/sweepstakes & games of chance.
Get ready for your Online Success
We know you will have many queries about how to start an online business? You might be confused with the huge amount of options available and we are here to simplify things for you.
+91 997 112 5511
+91 850 609 8883
+91 851 089 8883
+91 874 409 8883
+91 954 039 8883
+91 875 039 8883
+91 875 089 8883
+91 997 112 5588