Unless you are living under the rock for a couple of years, you must have surely heard about blooming market of e-commerce. It could have come in front of you in different formats and patterns or spheres and that too with different angles. You must have heard regarding different companies who are providing e-commerce because the commercials on TV are bombarded with numerous advertisements, going through the stories which are hyped with respect to services offered by the e-commercesites, looking into the huge valuations via web companies which are getting ample stock market-even though not making the profit.
Whenever you plan to build up the website related to the e-commerce, you should keep in mind few tips for which you should query and they are mentioned below-
- How are you planning to market your website? – Generally, clients are more interested in getting their e-commerce store online and do not provide ample importance to how to market the same online. This situation is generally followed by poor traffic or no sales on your recently launched online store leading to unrest and disinterest. Our best advice is to go through you expectation before launching your website. A successful website does require lots of attention and a well-planned marketing strategy, but unfortunately, there are lot of owners who plan to ignore the essential stuff.
- How to customize the overall presence of your online store to latest technologies? –Technologies have taken a remarkable leap and have showcased an enthusiastic environment in the recent times. Due to which it is soaring high in the market and people are getting inclined towards it. In many of the cases, if you are having an online presence then surely your company’s logo, color schemes etc. should be reflected on the e-commerce site. In case if you don’t have the presence online then surely you should go ahead with following the color patterns of your logo for your e-commerce site. There are lot of templates which can be customized by an e-commerce website development company or thru a DIY panel where you can make changes to the layout without much knowledge of HTML & CSS.
- Pattern of payment system? –You need to ensure that it should be secure and safe with respect to customer’s confidentiality. We usually recommend signing up with a payment gateway provider which is PCI-DSS compliant and offers a solution on an HTTPS secure page hosted on their website or on yours. Recently we have come across various payment gateways offering payment on page options also wherein you can accept payments directly on your website without going to the payment gateway provider website. Your payment gateway should be equipped to support 3D-secure payment validations to safeguard your customers.We at Retaxis is currently integrated with almost each payment gateway in India and can also help you in acquiring a free payment gateway.
- How to take care of customer service? – Customer service plays a crucial part in enhancing the experience of your customers. Well a user is putting his money on stake for a product he is buying on your website, he might face issues due to delays in delivery or due to a damaged product and at this time he needs someone to listen. Some of the wide user support systems helps buyers to request inquiries using live chat, email, telephone or even thru social media.
- How to determine shipping cost? – To sort out shipping costs you should contact a logistic company whom you have chosen for delivering products. They will be providing you shipping charges according to zones and weight of the shipment. In case your competitors are offering the shipping free of charge, then surely you need to look into it as to how you can absorb the shipping cost.You can look into Delhivery or Ecom express as your partners in Logistics.
- How to handle product description and images? – It is always believed that images speak more loudly than words. Online shoppers are unable to feel, touch or smell the product, so its beneficial if you are able to describe the product in best possible manner. The product description should be short and relevant which should add the features of the product.
- Enhancing your site via comments and feedback of the customers – Customer feedback or comments plays the crucial presence on the website due to which it reaches to numerous people across the globe. With the comments of customers, other new customers are gaining momentum on the website and feel like exploring more. Even you should showcase your presence on the social media sites like Facebook and Pinterest.Since these are comments by a fellow buyer they also work wonders in increasing reputation of the product.
- How to attract shoppers? – Once your e-commerce store is online you need to make it using various channels that you might have been it work of mouth marketing, banners, paid ads or organic search results. You should also create an identity for your e-commerce store on various social media websites and do a link back to the same on your store.Marketing for your online store is a continuous effort and we do recommend looking for a vendor to assist you in doing search engine optimization, paid ads (PPC) or affiliate marketing options.
- How to handle returns? – You should be prepared to handle returns of your products, these returns could be part of replacements or even refunds. You should make sure that your current e-commerce website can handle returns efficiently and update inventories in case of a refund done by the client.Along with the update on stock inventories, the system would also trigger an email confirmation to your buyer as a notification of return.
- How to track the success of the store? – Like any other business you need to keep a track on the top line and bottom line to be sure you are heading in right direction. With e-commerce, the biggest benefit is to be able to track and analyze actions done by various visitors on your store which is missing in a brick and mortar business. You should definitely use an analytics tool like Google Analytics to track actions of visitors coming on your website, analyze them and make changes to improve conversions.Create a Goal and then see how to achieve it, it’s your responsibility to help your buyers get the best buying experience on your store.
Hoping that now you have some clear idea about setting your ecommerce store you can also check out for what leading players in the industry are doing. Learn from their short upcoming and rectify them in your ecommerce store.
You can even ask us at Retaxis to help you create your online e-commerce store. Call us for NO OBLIGATION FREE DEMO.