Selling a product through your online store is no small feat and you know I’m right if you run one. The prospective buyers can only see the product and have to imagine how the product actually feels i.e. your expectations. When the product is delivered, sometimes your expectations are met and other times your buyer is cursing you. Many researches have shown that many people fear the latter situation, so they just window shop but don’t buy anything. So how do you turn each window shopper into a buyer? Panic not; there is always a way.
- Bathe your products in limelight – Before buying everyone naturally wants to know what the product is made of, the color, the size, shape, beneficial features and even texture. So focus on giving details on why they should buy this product rather than what this product is for. Though both of these purposes seem almost similar they are not. The former purpose helps in materializing the sale than the latter one.
- Reinvent your about page – Most of the buyers are inquisitive about who runs the store and how it all started. So look at your About page, evaluate it. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes and think if your story is really capturing. If not, then rewrite from scratch. Write about yourself and the venture you’re heading. Your goals and interests help the ultimate users know what you exactly are.
- Play some videos – In the recent times; before we buy a product, we want to make sure someone has used it so that you could use his or her reviews on the product. So what’s better, request for videos from your existing customers and record everything they’ve to say about your product and service. This will help your prospective buyers in selecting what they really want. That way, they are sure what to buy and will buy more when they’re satisfied with your products.
- Welcome sales returns – When we buy a product, the perceptions connected to it change after we have the product. Some may like it and some may not. For those who do not like it, an easy “return before ___ days” policy is a boon. This policy helps you in retaining the customers; it lets the customers know that their welfare is your priority.
- Building Brand value – Encourage customers to write reviews be it good or bad. And do not filter the reviews but keep them in the chronological order. Reply to every review of the customer and share your testimonials online. If your brand has been mentioned in any journal, magazine or newspaper, make sure you publish the same online. This increases your reputation even faster.
Running your e-commerce store you are constantly looking at improving sales and to achieve the same do various activities to promote, acquire or discount but if the traffic that comes on your ecommerce store can not trust your brand or is not driven by the desire to buy your products then all the efforts put in are in vain.